flotation of chromite and serpentine
One of the difficulties encountered in flotation of chromite in presence of serpentine has been attributed to dissolved metal ions. The influence of metal ions, dissolved in pulp filtrate, on floatability of pure chromite and serpentine has been studied and it has been shown that Mg, Ca and Fe ions depress chromite.
Magnetic separation of pentlandite from serpentine by ...
· In this study, pentlandite was selectively separated from serpentine using magnetic coating technology by adjusting and optimizing pH, stirring speeds, magnetic field intensities, and dosages of sodium hexametaphosphate (SHMP) and sodium oleate (SO). A magnetic concentrate with Ni grade of 20.8% and Ni recovery of 80.5% was attained under the optimized operating conditions.
Best Flotation Of Chromite
Flotation of chromite and serpentine - ScienceDirect. Chromite is an important strategic mineral usually associated with other gangue minerals, mainly silicates. A good knowledge of the flotation behaviour of chrom. Read more
I believe we have the reagents available here. The grain size are coarse, the particle size needed for liberation and disassociation of the chromite is approximately 300 microns. It looks like flotation is not the way to go with this sample we''ve had success doing the separation using gravity and its hardness, the fines being the serpentine gangue.
A Process Mineralogical Evaluation of Chromite at the ...
The chromite grains were commonly not densely packed with BMS occurring interstitial to chromite within a matrix of chlorite and serpentine. Base-metal sulphide mineralization made up less than 1% by volume and was interstitial to chromite and commonly found where the chromite grains were loosely packed ( Figure 3 E,F).
SEPARATION OF CHROMITE FROM OLIVINE BY ANIONIC …
understanding of chromite flotation. Flotation tests were also done with selective collectors instead of sodium oleate to improve the flotation results. EXPERIMENTAL MATERIALS AND METHODS Chromite and olivine samples were purified by magnetic separation and panning, washed with triple distilled water, and ground under 200 mesh by an agat mortar.
chromite flotation cell with feeder | Prominer (Shanghai ...
PDF Flotation of chromite and serpentine - ResearchGate. 2 Sep 2020 2000 energy dispersive system EDS . A modiﬁed-type of Hallimond tube was the ﬂotation micro-. …
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search
The Bureau of Mines, U.S. Department of the Interior, devised a flotation technique for upgrading chromite in chromium ores and gravity concentrates. The technique consisted of cationic flotation of chromite from a slime-free pulp acidified to ph 2.5 Or lower using h2so4 modifier. Flotation results showed that ore containing serpentine as the primary gangue mineral was more amenable to concentra
Chromite and Other Mineral Deposits in Serpentine Rocks Of ...
deposits of chromite are in and near streams that drain areas underlain by serpentine. A group of unusual minerals, among them kammererite, are typical associates of high-grade massive chromite but are rare in lower grade deposits. Chromite was first discovered in the United States at …
US2469422A US514987A US51498743A US2469422A US 2469422 A US2469422 A US 2469422A US 514987 A US514987 A US 514987A US 51498743 A US51498743 A US 51498743A US 2469422 A US2469422 A US 2469422A Authority US United States Prior art keywords treatment concentrate pulp flotation froth Prior art date 1943-12-20 Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a …
Flotation of Chromite as Pre-Treatment of Olivine Before ...
For the present case of olivine, with very low chromite content, it has been preferred to investigate the feasibility of the separation in a discontinuous laboratory flotation column as used in [6 G.P. Gallios, E.A. Deliyanni, E.N. Peleka, and K.A. Matis, "Flotation of chromite and serpentine", Separ. Purif.
Best Flotation Of Chromite
Flotation of chromite and serpentine. Chromite is an important strategic mineral usually associated with other gangue minerals mainly silicates a good knowledge of the flotation behaviour of chromite and the establishment of conditions for its selective separation from the gangue minerals m...
The Effect of Sodium Alginate on Chlorite and Serpentine ...
Chlorite and serpentine are common magnesium-containing gangue minerals in copper sulfide flotation. In this study, sodium alginate, a natural hydrophilic polysaccharide, was introduced as a selective depressant for these gangue minerals. Micro-flotation tests were conducted on both single minerals and synthetic mixtures. The flotation results showed that sodium alginate could simultaneously ...
Recover Chromite by Flotation
· The Gora sample consisted primarily of chromite and olivine, changing to serpentine with a small amount of orthopyroxene. The olivine ranged in color from green to yellowish-brown. The chromite is liberated essentially in the minus 100-mesh fraction; however, a small amount of chromite remains locked in the minus 325-mesh fraction.
Solved: Serpentine Is A Gangue Mineral (Mg6[Si4O10](OH)8 ...
Question: Serpentine Is A Gangue Mineral (Mg6[Si4O10](OH)8) That Interferes During The Flotation Recovery Of Ascharite Which Is A Boron Mineral (Mg2[B2O4(OH)](OH)). Serpentine Also Interferes With The Recovery Of Nickel-bearing Pyrite Or Chromite Ores. If The Hamaker Constant Of Serpentine A_22 Is 10.6 Times 10^-20 J, Ascharite A_22 Is 19.3 Times 10^-20 J And ...
Extraction of Chromium from Chromite Ore
· The average grade of the metallurgical chromite ore was 43.4 pct Cr2O3, with 52 pct of the ore having a chromium-to-iron ratio of 3:1 or over, 17.6 pct having a ratio between 2:1 and 3:1, and 30.4 pct having a ratio less than 2:1. Chemical-grade chromite ore generally ranged from 40 to 46 pct Cr2O3 with a chromium-to-iron ratio of 1.5:1 to 2:1.
Selective shear flocculation of chromite from chromite ...
· It is well-known that flotation of chromite and serpentine is very difficult, especially in oleate flotation, due to similar surface properties of both minerals and to the ions such as Mg2+ deriving from the ore and depressing the adsorption of RCOO- ions on the chromite surface. Modifying agents may be used to increase selectivity [8,9].
How to Recover Chromite
· The objective of flotation studies was to improve the overall chromite recovery by flotation of chromite in the slimes from the gravity concentration circuit. Smith showed that an ore containing serpentine as the primary gangue mineral was amenable to concentration by flotation using a cationic collector with the pH modified to below 2.5 with ...
Investigations into the Recovery of Platinum Group ...
In the flotation of platinum group minerals (PGMs) it has generally been assumed that they will behave similarly to base metal sulfides and thus sulfide reagent regimes are generally used in such flotation plants. However the tellurides and arsenides of platinum and palladium contribute about 50% of the PGMs present in the Platreef ore, located in the northern limb of the Bushveld Complex of ...
Role of magnesium-bearing silicates in the flotation of ...
· Serpentine (Mg 3 Si 2 O 5 (OH) 4) is a common magnesium-bearing silicate gangue in sulphide ores, and flotation of sulphide ores associated with serpentine is complex, owing to the interactions between sulphide minerals and serpentine, especially in the flotation …
Mineralogical characterisation of chromite in the UG2 Reef ...
The characterisation of the recovered chromite revealed that the principal reason for chromite flotation was caused by the mineral association of chromite with hydrophobic Si, Mg, Fe rich phases, principally altered orthopyroxene and associated serpentine, chlorite, amphibole and talc.
Minerals | Free Full-Text | The Effect of Surface Charge ...
Serpentine, a magnesium silicate mineral with positive surface charge in many sulfide ores around the world, usually deteriorates the flotation behavior by covering the target mineral surface. In this paper, the effect of surface potential regulation on serpentine flotation was revealed by flocculation experiments, zeta potential measurements, infrared spectrum analysis, and DLVO theoretical ...
chromite ore flotation sub pounds Prior art date 1980-11-12 Legal status (The legal status is an assumption and is not a legal conclusion. Google has not performed a legal analysis and makes no representation as to the accuracy of the status listed.) Expired - Lifetime Application number US06/206,246 Inventor Gregory E. Smith Jerry L. Huiatt ...
The Open Chemical Engineering Journal
the amount of added chromite, from 0% (original olivine) to 20 wt%, in view to evaluating the feasibility of the targeted chromite-free olivine preparation. Based on discontinuous flotation, the strategy is to simulate a continuous circuit to produce chromite with a sufficient purity and/or to …
THE STUDY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OBTAINING CHROMITE ...
The article presents the possibility of additional extraction of chromite concentrate from enrichment tails of chromite containing ores by the gravitational method. The enrichment of chromitecontaining sludges by gravity methods on a concentration table and a KNELSON centrifugal separator have been conducted. Concentration on the table for the class size sludge -0.2 + 0.071 mm obtained ...
sodium carbonate flotation
PDF Flotation of chromite and serpentine. In a previous study, flotation has been studied in a labscale column, using a sodium carbonate solution at ph with cetyl trimethyl ammonium bromide ctmab . Carbonate Phosphate Separation by Flotation.
Chrome Ore Beneficiation Process | Chromite Processing ...
· 3.1 Chrome magnetic separation process. The chrome raw ore is a flotation tail ore, which is mainly formed in the chromite, and the chromite is the target recovering mineral. The dissociation degree of ferrochromium ore is low, and it has a weak magnetic property. First of all, magnetic separation processing to separate chromite.
Contribution of particle morphology on flotation and ...
· Chromite and Serpentine Influence of grinding conditions on single and mixture of chromite and serpentine on their shape factor and accordingly flotation characteristics The results suggested that while the floatability of chromite increased with the increasing angularity, a reverse trend was obtained for serpentine in their single form.
LABORATORY CONCENTRATION OF CHROMITE ORES, RED …
primarily of olivine, with small amounts of pyroxenite and serpentine with accessory chromite grains that constitute an estimated 1 percent of the rock; chrome-rich tab- ular and lenticular bodies are distributed irregularly throughout the dunite.
Flotation of Chromite Ore
· The difference was not in chromite flotation but in the degree of flotation of siliceous gangue. For example, olivine, the main gangue mineral of Mouat ore, floated with the amine collector, whereas serpentine, the main gangue mineral in Benbow ore, did not float.
odor serpentine minerals grinding
odor serpentine minerals grinding hong kong. odor serpentine minerals grinding hong kong. AS a leading global manufacturer of crushing and milling equipment, we offer advanced, rational solutions for any size-reduction requirements, including quarry, aggregate, grinding …
Acidic Medium Flotation Separation Of Chromite From ...
FLOTATION BEHAVIOR OF SUDANESE CHROMITE ORES 1 ... Flotation offers an alternative concentration process for the separation of the fine materials ... hydrofluoric acid, sodium fluoride or sodium silicofluoride in the flotation medium. ... fines, chromite the medium particles and olivine the coarse. ... chromite sample and a high grade serpentine using sodium oleate as the collector.
[PDF] Effect of sodium hexametaphosphate on separation of ...
The effect of sodium hexametaphosphate (SHMP) on the separation of serpentine from pyrite and its mechanism were studied systematically through flotation tests, sedimentation tests, surface dissolution, ζ potential tests, adsorption measurements, and infrared spectroscopic analyses. The results show that the SHMP could significantly reduce the adverse effect of serpentine on the flotation of ...
Acidic medium flotation separation of chromite from ...
· The physico-chemical interactions among minerals such as olivine, chromite and serpentine; the most commonly present ions in solution such as Ca and Mg; and flotation reagents such as EDTA and oleic acid were investigated. The study was conducted via release tests, electro-phoretic measurements and microflotation of selected minerals coming from the Kukes deposit in Albania.
CONCENTRATION OF CHROMITE BY MEANS OF MAGNETIC …
chromite (recovery of 95.1%) could be separated from serpentine (recovery of 3.2%) whereas it could not be separated from olivine. The best chromite concentrates containing 42.1% Cr 2 O 3 were obtained with a 76% recovery from a synthetic mixtures of chromite and serpentine under optimum test conditions, that is
- crusher ukuran produsen
- crush sand plant in india address
- filter sieve screen
- crushing machine of th century
- crusher schematic gyratory
- armenian travertine manufacturers
- cement crusher belt
- erchangyan impact crusher equipment
- flotation beneficiation plant manufacturer
- ferro nickel durable jaw crusher
- crushers stone supplier centurion reviews
- gneiss from platy minerals
- de agregado fino
- cement crushing plant crushing crushing
- equipment rental
- ansi high quality b high strength stud bolts
- copper tailings process
- copper ore vibrating feeder
- pigment spring crusher
- gold ore crusher gold crusher crushersplants
- gravel feed belts for sale
- how to make small brick crusher
- crushing quartz plant
- business of small scale recycling india
- jaw crusher manufacturer ranking
- gold mining equipment reviews
- de martillos de oro para la venta en sur c africa
- impact roll crushers electrodes
- conveyor equipment supplied
- jandiet gemstones